CWR since 2017
- How long have you been rehabilitating wildlife and what led you to become a wildlife rehabilitator?
I’ve been working with wildlife and wildlife rehabilitation to varying extents since 2013. Ive gotten a Bachelors degree in Fisheries and Wildlife, followed by a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine. I’ve been doing wildlife medicine professionally as a veterinarian since 2019.
- What is your favorite animal you work with?
My “favorite” changes weekly, but I have a particular interest in raptor and bat medicine and rehabilitation.
- When did you know you wanted to work with wildlife?
I think I’ve always known I’d like to work with wildlife.
- What is an animal you dream to work with?
I think I’d love to work more with gray and red wolves.
- Do you work with other rehabbers or do you work independently?
I work in a wildlife hospital but will consult and do veterinary work for independent rehabbers.
- Do you work with all species, if no, which groups of animals do you concentrate on?
I work with native Louisiana wildlife at the moment, but unfortunately do not get to work much with rabies vector species.
- Do you have any pets?
I have a cat, a dog, and several reptiles.
- What are some of your hobbies?
I enjoy any number of things, from reading to fly fishing to rollerblading.
- Do you volunteer for other organizations?
I do not, at the moment, volunteer for other organizations. If I had more time, I’d like to.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world specifically for wildlife sighting, where would you go?
I would love to visit the Pantanal in Brazil to see jaguars in the wild.