Rehabs in Florida at the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW)
CWR since 2017
- How long have you been rehabilitating wildlife and what led you to become a wildlife rehabilitator?
I have been in the wildlife field since 2012 when I worked abroad in South Africa on a large exotics predator park. We rehabbed several species and had a free roaming game park as well. Working with the wildlife there led me to continue in the field following college graduation.
- What is your favorite animal you work with?
I love all the species I work with but my favorites are probably sea turtles and owls!
- When did you know you wanted to work with wildlife?
I grew up loving animals but it wasn’t until my experience in South Africa that I realized I loved wildlife specifically. After college I worked as a surgical assistant in a domestic specialty hospital and found that I got bored with the routine of everything. Wildlife offers me a new challenge each day and I love that!
- What is an animal you dream to work with?
I love Condors and would love an opportunity to work with them one day.
- Do you work with other rehabbers or do you work independently?
I’m the Rehabilitation Manager at my center but have three other Certified Wildlife Rehabilitators that work under me at our facility.
- Do you work with all species, if no, which groups of animals do you concentrate on?
We treat all of Florida’s native wildlife which includes land mammals, birds, reptiles and sea turtles! We do not treat invasive, domestic, or exotic species but we can get them to the appropriate care facilities if need be.
- Do you have any pets?
I have several pets and they are all rescued from various scenarios including two that came through C.R.O.W.! I have two dogs, two cats, two snakes, two tarantulas, and one rabbit. All the mammals co-exist perfectly and were raised together to get along.
- What are some of your hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with friends, seeing fun movies, going to the gym, painting and am starting to dabble in gardening to create a bio-diverse back yard that benefits wildlife!
- Do you volunteer for other organizations?
I don’t currently volunteer with other organizations as our work days are pretty long. If time allows in the future, I would love to volunteer at the nearby wolf sanctuary or volunteer with one of my dogs in some type of therapy environment.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world specifically for wildlife sighting, where would you go?
I would love to go to Colombia one day to see the huge variety of birds and other wildlife they have!